Photography by Ari Espay
Where did you grow up?
- Frederick County, Maryland
How long have you been in New York and what's your favorite thing about it?
- I've been in New York just over 10 years now and my favorite part is how accessible everything is. You can very quickly transport yourself to a completely different neighborhood where something new can always be experienced.
What are you passionate about/what do you do for fun? Do you have any pictures or a portfolio of things you have worked on in the past that you can share with us?
- I love to bike ride, cook, read, travel, learn about history, and hang out with my girlfriend!
What did you do for work before this project and what other professions have you had in the past?
- Before this project I was working on national tours for Spirits brands as an Event Producer. Event production and experiential marketing has been my professional career since moving to NYC but, before that, I was a waiter, an A/V tech at a comedy club, and a fried chicken cook!
How do you think covid 19 will change the way people live in the future?
- I think people will (hopefully) be more cognizant of their impact on others and the environment. It's unfortunate that it took a pandemic for people to realize that ya know, washing your hands is important. I also think, conversely, people will break out of this like the end of Prohibition and we can expect some fun times of people being close together again without fear.
What is something you would like to do in the future?
- I would like to take advantage of reopened borders and travel abroad a lot more. Now that I've been cooped up all year in my apartment I would love to go to some far off places.